A Night at Hogwarts
Date and Time
Great Hall, The Arts Centre Te Matatiki Toi Ora
2 Worcester Blvd, Christchurch Central, Christchurch 8013, New Zealand
Muggles of Christchurch, are you joining us for A Night at Hogwarts to fundraise for the Child Cancer Foundation?
On the 27th July, we’re creating a magical evening in support of an organisation who wave their own wands to provide strength and comfort to families, parents and children impacted by child cancer.
What you need to know to secure your seat:
- Tickets are 9 Galleons each ($225), ex. GST.
- There are strictly limited tickets available & are first-come, first-served.
- Tickets on sale on the 24th June at 4pm
- Seating will be ‘by House’ - so you can purchase seats together (up to 10 at a time), but the Great Hall will be set out banquet-style.
What do you get for your galleons?
- A banquet like no other in the Great Hall including canapes, starters, mains & desserts
- The Honeydukes Express Sweet Trolley
- The Three Broomsticks Bar will be serving cocktails, wine & locally brewed Butterbeer* by one of Christchurch’s favourite brewers
- Participation in the Charity Auction
- Frivolity & dancing (entertainment courtesy of a local branch of the Weird Sisters)
And, what does your ticket enable?
All proceeds raised through the fundraising dinner will go to the Child Cancer Foundation (both from ticket sales and the charity auction). In addition to this, we are throwing a magical afternoon event for the families that the Child Cancer Foundation are currently supporting, which is made possible by your generous support of the dinner.
OFT ASKED QUESTIONS
I’m gluten free / vegetarian / vegan / have other dietary requirements - can I still come?
Absolutely! While the house elves have never divulged their recipes for specific dietary requirements, we figure that - statistically - they had to have had some tricks up their sleeves. Our caterer is no different, and we’ll absolutely make sure that you have delicious food that you can eat; just let us know as you purchase your ticket.
Is the venue accessible?
Yes - by wheelchair, broom or thestral, the Great Hall is fully accessible. If you do have any accessibility requirements, please do just let us know so that we can make sure that the castle fully caters to your needs.
Do I need to bring any extra galleons on the night?
We will have a Fountain of Magical Brethren in the Great Hall, for anyone who kindly wishes to donate a sickle, knut or galleon to a wonderful cause. There will also be an auction on the night, with magical machines that accept all kinds of wizarding currency.
*Please note that all alcohol is regulated in magical society by the Department of Intoxicating Substances and licenced by the Licensing Wizengamot of New Zealand.
Refunds are available 14 days prior to the event
We're a crew of wizards bringing ideas to reality - no matter how ambitious or audacious they are. In partnering with the Child Cancer Foundation for A Night at Hogwarts, we’re welcoming Muggles into the Arts Centre, and supporting young kiwi kids in need. Magic!